Ok, so, last winter kicked my ass.
But that’s enough of that. Here we are, it’s finally something resembling spring of 2023. I’m finally getting to my weather station, again! A couple of Hackerboxes back (088), I got a breakthrough in how to make this happen: A Pico-W and a circuit board specifically for monitoring weather. Now, it was designed to be expandable to the exact weather sensors I had (serendipity). With that, I ordered all of the parts and got it assembled. (I’ll be putting the code up on git here soon.)
That said, I get weather:
Temperature: 23.2 C Humidity: 23.8 % Pressure: 795.9 hPa Wind Speed: 4.5 MpH Gusting at 4.5 MpH Wind Dir: 2.85033 Rain: 0.0 29.4.2023 16:51:34
The big problem I have right now is that the Temperature, Humidity, and Pressure are all my bedroom… I need to get the indoor hardware moved down to my basement, and get the P/H/T sensor outside. For that goal I have a wonderful radiation shield to mount on the southern edge of my porch, enough wire to meet me in the basement, and 200 feet of 4-wire to connect to the weather sensors on the roof…
But no rj-11 couplers… those got delayed for some reason. I’m setting aside some time this week to work on this. I’ll post an update when I do!
Ok, so I got impatient once I got to resoldering all the connections and, well I finished the weather station. The coupler I’m using now is made of spare through hole jacks and jumper wires, but it’s working. The P/H/T sensor is in a good place and functional. I can view the weather constantly and start taking this data and doing some useful analytics with it. Personally, I hope that I can get some good visualizations up for it. For right now, though, I’ve got to get on that ligtning sensor!